Summer Black Tie Ball, Bristol - 2 days 1 night & by popular demand the chance to stay the Friday night as well and join in optional dinner and night out on the town!* - early warning - last year this event sold out. Bristol Balloon Fiesta is also this weekend.
Join us for our fabulous Summer black tie ball weekend event in Bristol. You can chose to attend the Ball only or stay the night at the superb Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel and Spa based near Bristol’s famous and buzzing Harbourside.
During the evening we will be supporting Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal, the Bristol Children’s Hospital Charity by holding an auction with some unique prizes up for grabs!
The weekend starts on Saturday where you have the option to join your hosts and other guests for a lunch time meet and mingle in the hotel bar for a special two for one drinks promotion for our own summer ball guests. After lunch maybe you fancy a dip in the hotels heated indoor pool, a work out in the fitness suite or pamper yourself with a pre-booked massage or beauty treatment and enjoy 20% discount for our special guests or just relax in the hotel bar.
Alternatively join your host for a walk to explore the local area
- Balloon Fiesta optional visit subject to weather permitting
- Bristol’s famous Harbourside, where Brunel’s ss Gt Britain is moored, Tripadvisor’s No 1 attraction in Bristol
- Option of cream tea cruise with great views of ss great britan 2 hour tour, weather permitting
- Banksy guided walk
- Boats, Brunel & Black Beard guided walk
- Visit the Cabot Circus shopping mall which has a mixture of designer and high street shops
- Visit St Mary Redcliffe Church directly across from the hotel, the church building was constructed from the 12th to the 15th centuries, and it has been a place of Christian worship for over 900 years.
Return to the hotel, leaving plenty of time to get yourself ready for our free welcome drink in our private bar or if the sun is shining in our private courtyard, where you can meet other guests joining us for the Black Tie Ball. We will be seated at round tables of 10 and served your chosen 3 course meal, accompanied by an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink option. After dinner, dance the night away to your favourite tunes until 1.00am.
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast the following day, before either joining your host for a gentle walking tour of Bristol’s historical famous sights or use the hotels wide range of leisure facilities on offer until your departure later in the day.
*If you wish to stay on Friday 11th August as well you can add bed & breakfast when you book. You can then join in the optional extra group dinner and night out on the town (dinner and night out payable locally). Full Friday night itinerary will be confirmed nearer the date.
Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel and Spa ****
Enjoy the hospitality of the Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for a city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. Stay and enjoy contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with big beds, the Phoenix restaurant and lounge bar, large indoor heated pool, fitness suite and a spa to indulge. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure you stay is memorable.
Rooms include, air conditioning, data port, trouser press, safe deposit box, telephone, radio, remote control TV, Wi-Fi, work desk, TV room service ordering, satellite/cable colour TV, iron, coffee/tea making facilities
Summer Black Tie Ball only, excluding overnight accommodation, use of hotel facilities & breakfast
- Summer black tie ball including overnight accommodation, use of hotel facilities & breakfast:
- Twin/double room with no supplement for single use, with private facilities
- Complimentary parking for our guests, subject to availability
- Complimentary pre-dinner welcome drink
- 3 course dinner with coffee
- ½ bottle of wine with dinner
- Walking tour of Bristol’s habourside – opportunity to see Bristol’s array of interesting landmarks on Saturday and Sunday
- Male & Female Hosts
- Porters lodge for bags pre check-in and post check-out
- Stay the Friday night on B&B basis
- Lunch & drinks in the bar
- 1 hour city harbour cruise
- 2 hour cream tea cruise
- Admission to SS Great Britain
- Spa treatments pre-bookable (20% discount)
Dress code: Black Tie Event
Please inform us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
If you would like to pre-book a spa treatment please contact us.
* Subject to availability
Privilege Room - upgraded double room with additional services and amenities - king-size bed, free wifi, minibar (free soft drinks), espresso and hot drinks machine, bathrobe and slippers, newspaper and enhanced complimentary toiletries......upgrade to Privilege room for £20 per room per night or Suite upgrade for £60 per room per night.